Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sawmill fire Started Saturday July 14th seven miles away

 930 AM Monday July 16th

 See my emergency yellow swimming pool if fire gets to road.
This was provide by forest service.


 Around noon getting closer. It is burning neighbor's timber.




 Help is here !!!!

 Hooked up trailer just in case.
 Still watering house smoke is choking me.
It is really taking off now in timber.
If it gets over ridge all that stands between it an me is field grass.

People are pulling out their camp trailers.

Power lines are on my property they turned them off I have no water now to keep house wet.
The sound is unreal it is a loud roar.
 Asking the good lord for help. Running around with shovel putting out small grass fires.
Thirteen hours 250 men, 4 truck tankers,4 small planes, 4 helicopter's, 2 C131 transports, they held fire at other side of the ridge.  The road goes through our property they made there stand on house side of road.I will say that at 7:30 PM the wind changed the fire was coming head on toward  the house. I looked up and asked one more time, I have no water but will fight with all I have. He heard me the sky opened up & it poured rain for over 30 minutes. Thank you to all of the men & women that fought the fire to saved our farm & all of the others.Thank you Lord for your blessings.



5 comments:

Susan said...

Now that is an answer to prayer! Those photos are so scary! Did your neighbor lose structures or "only" timber? I say "only" because of course that is money, but maybe not as serious as house and barns.

Anonymous said...

All of our close farming community were spared any structure loses. But alot timber & grazing lands were lost. It was very scary to not only me but to all the cattle,wild game,& even my turkeys & chickens that franticly rushed into the barn then ran or flew directly into the poultry fencing trying to find a way out. We are greatful that none were injured just frightend.
Yes as I said I have not seen it rain that hard on our property before. In that short of time it produced more water on the fire than all the water & efforts of all the men & women that faught that day. We were truly blessed that day & our prayers were answerd!!!
Bev & Mark

Susan said...

Haven't seen a post from you all in a while. Hope you're okay there.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that I have not posted in so long. We are ok. We are working so hard to get ready for winter. I am framing all interior walls. Getting ready for plumbing, elect, heat, insulation, winter is coming fast. Our prayers go out to all I will post soon.
Mark & Bev

Susan said...

I don't blame you wanting to get ready for winter! I bet you're way too tired to post at the end of the day. Hang in there!